- Internet means connecting one computer to any other computer anywhere in world via dedicated routers or servers.
- When two computers are connected through internet they can share any kind of information like text,voice,video,images,computer programs etc..
- The high speed fiber optic cables through which internet data travels are owned by telephone companies in their respective companies.
- Through internet users in one computer can talk directly to users in other computer.
- Today internet is accessible by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
- Internet was conceived by ARPA(Advanced Research Project Agency)of USA government in 1969 and was first known as ARPANET.The aim was to create a network that would allow users of a research computer at one university to talk to research computer at other university.
- Via internet the world wide web(www or web) is accessed.
Tuesday, 29 October 2013
Saturday, 26 October 2013
These are devices which are used to get information out of a computer.
It is an equipment connected to a computer and used to transfer data out of the computer in the form of text, images, sounds, or other media.
Monitor-It is the screen on which words, numbers, and graphics can be seen.
Printer-A printer prints whatever is on the monitor onto paper. Printers can print words, numbers, or pictures.
Speaker-It gives sound from computer,some speaker are inbuilt and some separate.
Disk drive-It is used to record information from computer to CD/floppy disk.
Headphone-It give sound from computer.It is similar to speaker,but the only difference is that they are worn on the ears so only one person can hear the output at a time.
Friday, 25 October 2013
Input device-It is any peripheral device(piece of computer hardware equipment)which is used to put information into the computer.
Camera-It can be used to take a picture,record a video or for live conversation.
CD-Since CD stores information,it can be opened and added into another computer.
Keyboard-It input numbers or letters into different applications or programs.
Digital camera-It can be used to transfer pictures or videos into the computer.
Drawing Tablet-It has a pen to write on it.When connected to computer,the word or image you draw can be saved to computer.
Microphone-Through it we can record sound and save it on computer.
Scanner-It is used to copy pictures or other things and saved on computer.
Bar code scanner-It is used to scan a little label that has a bar code in it.The information is saved in computer then.
Disk drive-It can hold a CD or floppy disk.It reads information on it.
Mouse-It is used to open/close files,navigate websites,and click on lots of commands on different applications.
It is an electronic device.
It has the ability to store,retrieve and manipulate data.
It is a device that accepts information and manipulates it for some result based on a sequence of instructions on how the data is to be processed.
It accepts inputs,stores,manipulates and generates output in form of number,text,graphics,voice or video file according to the instructions called programs.
It consists of input device,output device and CPU.
It can be used to type documents,send email,browse internet.
All types of computer consist of two basic parts-hardware and software.
Hardware is any part of computer that has a physical structure,such as a computer monitor or a keyboard.
Software is any set of instructions that tells hardware what to do.Examples are web browser,game,and word processors such as Microsoft word.